Wednesday, September 14, 2011

you are my strength

Two days ago (Sept. 12, 2011) was mine and my husband's 6th month anniversary, its so crazy to believe we've already been married six months...HALF A YEAR! and in about a week (Sept. 20,2011) will be our three year anniversary, wow three years and we havent killed each other yet!?


how it all began, he asked me to the homecoming dance (Sept 20, 2008), he wasnt going to go and neither was i if i didnt have a date so my friends were talking to him and talked him into going then told him he should ask me. so he did and i said yes, not even being sure i wanted to go with him.. but i wanted to go and be there  having fun with my friends. so we talked on the phone for a week or two after school and after work..before the day of the dance, and the more i started talking to him the more i kept thinking maybe i liked this kid!? which i definitly didnt want to admit, i surely didnt think he felt the same. so the day of the dance im running a little late for pictures maybe about 15 minutes and im sure by then he was thinking that i had stood him up! while on our way to dinner he said "ya know what would make this night even better" and i said "whats that" he said "if you would be my girlfriend" i said "oh," (wasnt sure if that was his way of asking or what!?) and he said "sooo, would you be my girlfriend" my reply was "sure (really sabrina sure!? you like the kid and now you probably blew it!) him "im not going to take sure as an answer either yes or no" so i nodded my head yes (oh did i forget to mention im a little shy!?) and he said " no i want to hear it" so finally i replied with a "yes". so we dated and dated..and days went by, weeks went by, months went by and finally our one year...now five days before our one year on Sept. 15, 2009 rob left for basic training, it killed me to say goodbye and to know he wasnt going to be home for our one year (Sept 20, 2009) and to know i couldnt just call him up when ever i wanted to talk, and that i couldnt see him. when he graduated basic and ait i was rather upset that i couldnt go with his family to watch. but little did i know he had something else up his sleeve! he surprised me after school, waiting at my car when i walked out. while my friend danielle is asking me "did anything weird happen today" i told her no and she was like well i thought he was showing up today, when i asked her what she said i looked up looking out towards my car and i saw him! i was soooo happy! i was yelling at her that i hated her for not telling me, i yelled it at him as well for not letting me know he was home, i dont do well with surprises! lol! but that sure was a good one, so while in the middle of the lane where my car was parked hes hugging me so tight, kissed me on the forehead then so sweetly on the lips, other students from my school driving by and honking and loud "awwwws" it was precious! now our two years have come along (Sept 20, 2010) and guess what hes in korea, although we did get to talk almost everyday and we got to skype often it still sucked, me and my friend danielle wanted to go and visit him but we had school. he did get to come home on leave though so that was nice! and that was when he asked me to marry him! so march 12, 2011 we got married! it was the most beautiful day..i could not have imagined it any other way! everything went great! and that has led us to where we are today! and i couldnt be happier! i love my husband we've been through a lot but we're strong and we've been able to stick by each other, and i couldnt ask for any thing more!

im so happy that i finally get to be with the love of my life, my best friend, my high school sweet heart for our 3 year anniversary! i love him so much and would be lost without him!
we're young, we're in love and life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment