Sunday, September 16, 2012

welcome to motherhood

Being a mother has completely changed my life, for the better. Ive never felt so much love! I truly believe this is what i was born to do..to be a mother!

I know i know ive only been a mother for a couple days shy of 4 weeks now but so far its been ok. I can tell that being a mother has changed me and is making me grow up to be a bigger and better person. I no longer feel the need to be up to date on all the latest gossip (although i am a girl so of course i dont mind hearing a little here and there...but it no longer consumes my life). I don't feel the need to always be out doing something, im perfectly ok with just hanging out at home with my little family. I no longer get upset or grumpy if i am awaken through out the night..or made to wake up early, for i know my motherly duties and i am all for them. I am the one that brought this little man into the world and i know it is my responsibility to get up with him and feed him and change him and bathe him, and to love and take care of him. and i couldn't be happier in doing so! And i am glad i do not have it do it on my own, having my husband there to help me makes it that much better and easier, not to mention i just love seeing him with our little man! It melts my heart to watch him interact with Wesley!

Back to motherhood... you can definitely tell your a mother when you realize you forgot a burp rag and are okay with using one of your favorite or new tops to clean spit up off your little ones face. or when it doesnt completely gross you out when your changing your babies diaper and end up getting poop on your hand. Or like if you see they have a little booger in their nose and theres no tissue or nose sucker in reach and your okay with picking their nose. lol. Its kind of funny if you think about it .. if that would have happened anytime before with any other child it probably would have grossed me out- at least just a little, but its my child so im okay with it. I would and will do anything for this little guy so to me all of that is really no big deal.

if you have kids im sure you understand and if you dont im sure one day you will!


cuddle time, man i really dont want my little bear to grow up i just love these little moments soo much!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment