Sunday, November 20, 2011

Giving Thanks

There comes a time when you must sit back and realize what really matters in life, and who you really need to be a part of your life. There also comes a time for giving thanks! Some people just don't do this enough! Thanks Giving is just a couple days away, and we all have so much to be thankful for!

I have more to the thankful for than I could ever imagine...
I have recently been invited to several Thanks Giving dinners, it had me a little overwhelmed. I wasn't sure what to do, or whose to go to. I almost said thanks, but no thanks to them all, because i didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. So i thought about it and i know they are all very nice understanding people! I wanted to go to where i could still have thanksgiving with my husband. So i will be going on post to a friends house so that if Rob does indeed get a free minute to stop by and grab some food then i'd be able to spend a little bit of our first thanksgiving together as a married couple! Plus no one wants to spend the holidays alone! So i am thankful to all who had opened their homes to me on Thanksgiving day! I greatly appreciate the offer!

I am also so very thankful to have such great friends and family (both here and back home!), even though we do not always see eye to eye..we are still there for each other no matter what!

I am grateful to the army for letting my husband take leave so that we can go home at the end of the month for a little while to our friends and most importantly our family!

I am extremely grateful to have my husband in my life.. he is my best friend, my high school sweat heart, my rock, my strength, my love and my life with him makes perfect sense, don't get me wrong we have our fights just like every other married couple but we know we love each other and will always be there for one another! No matter how mad at him i am it never takes us long to make up, hes so goofy its hard to stay mad at him esp since he knows just what to do or say to make me smile on a bad day!

 I am also grateful for my job, it would be nearly impossible to be able to do anything extra without my job! I absolutely love what i do!

I would also like to give thanks to those whom i have once been close to, ..there must have been a reason for our fallout but thank you for i am sure at one point in time you have taught me something, whether it be something about myself or something else. Also i hope all is well for you, wherever you are!

 And a thank you to my husband along with every service member out there who puts their lives on the line for us! Thank you for all you do! It cant be easy taking time away from your family and friends and miss out on things you'd like to do to protect us, but you do it anyway! So a huge thank you to all of you!

I am grateful that the sun is up every morning when i wake up, and the moon, every night! Sometimes it is the little things in life that mean the most, But those are also the things that most take for granted!

So give a wave of thanks to the guy who lets you through traffic. Say thank you to the person holding the door open for you. Shake a soldiers hand and thank them for all they do for you. Call up your parents and thank them for giving you life and teaching you everything you know. Get a hold of your friends and thank them for always being there for you. Never forget those who were once a part of your life, for there is always a reason that they were there! Don't just thank others for these such things, pay it forward and do something nice as well.

Those are just a few things i am Thankful for! What are you thankful for!?



God Bless <3

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my new friend Sabrina =] along with a gillion other things but I figured thats the one you should hear lol.
    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you so much alexis, that means a lot!! And i am also very thankful for a new friend, and her name is ALEXIS (:

    ReplyDelete