Friday, November 25, 2011

thanksgiving

Yesterday was thanksgiving, although it was odd having a thanksgiving without my family around it was an okay day. I had thanksgiving on post at my friend Alysa's house. Our old friend Melissa and her husband Weston came over as well. It was nice having the gang back together again, even if only for a little while. We also took moe, he got to play in the back yard with Alysa's dog Bella, He had a blast! We had a great amount of food... I made my moms twice baked potatoes, Melissa brought, and cut the veggies, Anthony made the turkey, with help from Weston, and Alysa made the pumpkin roll and the stuffed rolls and green bean casserole, I helped Alysa make the sweet potato pie, and the stuffing, and Melissa helped Alysa make the Macaroni casserole. Melissa did the dishes while Alysa and I finished up our cooking, then I pitched in to help Melissa clean up. Rob stopped by to get some food when it was dinner time, but he was unable to get any food because the neighbor people decided to make a fuss about another neighbors dog. So Rob had to deal with that instead of being able to eat some of the delicious food that we all helped make. It was nice, everyone got along and we were all helping each other! Us girls ate dinner at the table talking, just like old times.. While the guys ate on the couch. I stayed at Alysa's til Rob got off work, and helped Alysa, Anthony and Victoria decorate their Christmas tree. By time Rob got off at 10, dinner was of course cold by then, so when he showed up after work I got a plate of food around for him and heated it up. He ate it all so fast im not really sure he even tasted any of it! We hung out a little longer after he got done eating, but we were all exhausted so we didn't stay too long. So Thanksgiving went rather well this year!

Well that was my Thanksgiving in a nutshell!

God Bless!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment